Tuesday, December 30, 2014

My Very Vintage Christmas


This holiday season was much like the rest of the year for us.  Strange, forced, not really magical but trying to make it memorable anyways.  Between our family coming down with the flu, John spending time overseas for work and the death of my grandmother, December was the icing on the cake of an already rough year. 
But, we went through the motions, I decorated the house. We listened to Christmas music and watched 'elf' and 'home alone' on repeat.  We were definitely 'faking it until we made it', which is something I strongly believe in. 
I'm not looking for pity in saying the year was rough. I think I just need to write it out. Two children under the age of three is no joke, especially when one has cried all day, everyday since birth.  John starting a new, more challenging and time consuming job is no joke.  And my bubbling ambition and stay-at-home-restlessesness is really no joke.  But taking a honest look at what's been going on is the first step and that's where we're at.
However, even with a rough year and a rougher month, our house sure did look festive all dressed up for Christmas. And that is a reason in itself to smile.
A new year can only bring good things for us. Although I don't know what form it will take, I'm excited. I'm ready.  And even if things don't work out the way I think they should, no matter how it looks, it will be just as it should be.
whew. there it is.
love love love, andrea

Christmas 2014: here and here
Christmas 2013: here and here

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Andrea!! I've loved reading your blog for some time now and often recommend it to my (mom) friends. This year I went back to work after being home with my daughter for almost two years. Nothing is harder than being home with your child. These days, every single moment is accounted for and sometimes I am so tired I feel like I am having an out of body experience in my life, but I wouldn't trade it for the time before Eloise. Sending you New Year's wishes for strength and love and health as you work through motherhood. You have created something so beautiful on this site and your children are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete