Monday, July 28, 2014

A White and Gold diy Birthday





For my girlfriend Julia's birthday I wanted to create something classy, but still fun. My palette is normally very vibrant and colorful, but for this birthday dinner, it needed to be simple and elegant.  We had the surprise dinner at Justine's Brasserie, and I was really striving to have the decorations match the ambiance of the restaurant.
The bottles were my idea to make our birthday banner free-standing on the table.  I didn't know where we'd be seated and didn't want to bother our waitress on a busy friday night with hanging a sign (if I can just toot my horn for a moment, I really impressed myself with this idea! I thought it was quite clever!) :)

I've seen so many beautifully decorated balloons on pinterest, I thought it'd be easy to try myself.  This is what I learned: 1. Get the nice kind of balloons 2. Get them filled as full as possible 3. Don't use elmers glue 4. keep the decorating to a minimum 

A little over two years ago I was taking my two month old baby on a walk throughout my neighborhood, when I ran into an adorable mama walking her daughter who was just a few weeks older than mine.  We talked briefly and exchanged phone numbers.  A few weeks later I made that (very difficult) first call and invited her over.  
Friendship takes time, it doesn't happen overnight.  But slowly over the last two years, while pushing swings at the park, walking around the lake, late night glasses of wine, early morning cups of coffee, laughing (and crying) over mothering mistakes, this mama has become one of my dearest friends.  
I felt so privileged to help throw her a little surprise party.
love, andrea



Hey! Y'all are amazing! In the last couple weeks I moved from spot 67 to 34 on the Top Baby Blog website! Thank you so much for your votes! Only nine more spots to go and The Everyday SoirĂ©e will be on the first page!  Thank you for taking the two seconds to click here and vote (and remember you can vote daily). <3 love love love
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment