Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Life lately

Lately I've thought that perhaps I could give up blogging. I can't seem to do it.  Not just blog, but open up my computer in general. I had no problem with instagram or twitter, but for some reason ever since my last post I couldn't seem to conquer the computer.  I've been missing reading blogs, missing posting, but somehow just couldn't find the time or emotional energy.  Have you ever gone through this? 
I figure if I want to give up blogging, fine. Not a problem (except I really do love it). But not to do it right after posting such an honest post, one that has just caused me to feel beyond vulnerable.

So here I am, back again. All I have are little updates on the family though, but it's good enough for me :)

Bernadette is seven and a half months and is the squishiest, softest thing around.  She needs everything in her mouth: toys, my clothes and FOOD! And unlike the slowly introducing her to solids the way you do with your first child, in the last week she has had Avocado, Tomato, Carrots, Banana, Peach, grapes and apple.  Baby bird style for my baby bird.  OH! and on June 11th that first little tooth cut through, the first of many milestones reminding a mother that your baby won't stay that way long, so to hold on tight.

Things I want to remember about this time in Redding's life:
He calls Bicycles 'circle bikes'
I uses 'my' for 'I'
The night he told John 'my love a happy mama and happy papa' (even though we had to have a talk later about how heated-discussions don't make us unhappy)
The way he still says 'both' for multiples 


Aw, look at how happy we are! It makes you realize that although it's expensive, every once in a while you need to splurge on a babysitter and go out together.
 (and no, I don't normally rock a fannypack with a nice dress and he doesn't normally cut off the sleeves of sports jackets. This picture was taken at a cycling event)


So, I guess I don't know when I'll be back. Perhaps it will be when Bernadette's separation anxiety faze ends and I can start setting her down during the day.  Or perhaps it will be in August, when the excitement of swimming pools have worn off and it is just to hot to leave the AC.  Or maybe it will be tomorrow.
But, I love knowing I have this space waiting for me. 
Thanks y'all!
andrea


4 comments:

  1. Oh no - really hope you don't stop blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a 5 week old, and your last post had me CRYING! I didn't even know what to say in my comment, so I just erased it and never said anything. You are such a strong and beautiful woman. I hope you'll at least keep us updated on your life if you do decide to stop blogging. :) Your blog has been one of my very favorites for some time now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading since Redding was born and while I will miss out dreadfully on the updates of your life and the little ones I can totally understand. Take the time you need and I'll be here when you get back. In the meantime, enjoy the sun, the water, your babies and your man.
    Have a lovely summer!
    Loural

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! I've been reading since I was pregnant (and so were you with Bernadette!). I think you are doing a great job and I do hope you don't stop writing. It's your special place on the internet!
    xo

    ReplyDelete