Thursday, April 3, 2014

Fashion: green, vintage and youthful

dress: vintage, thrifted from Buffalo Exchange $23/ Shoes: tjmaxx 
I love this set of pictures, they seem incredibly youthful to me.  Which I love as the big 3-0 is looming around the corner.  Actually I shouldn't say 'looming', I am quite excited about entering my thirties, I believe it is going the be the decade for me (well, that and my 60's, I think that decade is going to be where it's at! I'll travel the country in an RV with john, wear big gaudy rings on each finger and probably start smoking cigarettes again ;).  Yes my 60's will be magical).  BUT, my thirties will also be a blast... although I'm sure I'll spend much of the decade packing lunches and helping these rugrats with homework, I believe it will be the decade that I'll finally tap into the wealth of my creativity.  A decade that I will finally start taking myself seriously as an artist.  I'm pumped. It will be perfect. But for now I'll enjoy the last few weeks of my youthful twenties. 
love, andrea

8 comments:

  1. Love this dress! And love that you aren't one of those "oh god I am going to be thirty" types. Congrats on having such a healthy, youthful view on life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girl, but I've definitely had a couple of moments of fear that i'm getting so old. But, I always just stop myself and look at that thought and realize how silly it is.

      Delete
  2. I feel much the same about turning 30 in a few months... i too think it will be the decade when find my stride creatively.
    Funny what you said about cigarettes... i loved smoking... i know we're not meant to say that these days but it's the truth... i never thought about the fact that if i'm lucky enough to get to a ripe old age i may infact take it back up again... probably not 'meant' to think like that either but i'm just going to be that gal who comes out and says it... i loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've never thought about it!?? I feel slightly embarrassed that I have. But I don't mind saying it! I LOVE CIGARETTES! I completely romantasize them. A cold nice with a furry coat, a hot cup of coffee and a cigarette... mmmm , sounds so good. BUT, for now and more than likely for the rest of my life, I am quit. And that's ok... there is still cold nights and cups of coffee :)

      Delete
  3. love these pics---and so excited for your thirties! everyone told me its the best decade and i havent been disappointed yet. i just know yours will be utterly marvelous. huuug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love being in my thirties. It's honestly the best time in my life (so far) and I suspect it will be for you as well. I think women really come into their own in their thirties. Happy upcoming 30th!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! And I think you're right!

      Delete