Tuesday, April 29, 2014

cultivating my soul

Every free minute we've gotten lately, we have our toes and fingers in the dirt (which would explain the lack of diy projects on the blog lately). The garden I planted last year is blowing up y'all! AND! AND! these pictures were taken last week, this week there are so many more flowers in bloom.  There is something about getting your hands dirty and watching things grow that is so nourishing to the soul.  How is your soul this spring? Are you taking time to nourish yourself?

OH! you should totally stop by Chantilly's Blog and check out a little interview I did
love, andrea


7 comments:

  1. Wow, so beautiful. Gardening must be such a peaceful hobby :)

    (BTW sorry the post was late!!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in an apartment and my backyard is concrete...oh what I would do for my own garden! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. boo, i wish you could too! When I was renting I always had at least a few HUGE pots to grow things in, have you tried that? It might be worth it ... though not as good I admit. some day!

      Delete
  3. We would be great friends gardening together. Being outside in the great outdoors with my feet walking on the grass and my hands in the dirt brings me such peace. Your flowers are amazing!! Enjoy your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes yes we would! thank girl! you enjoy yours as well! happy spring!

      Delete
  4. We are on the gardening path this week as well. My husband just roto-tilled about 500 square feet in our backyard....tomorrow is mass planting! I love all the lavender you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. geez, my poor back yard. My man has been talking about doing the same to our backyard (none of these pics are from the back btw, all the front). I am anxious to get it going back there also! I hope the planting went well!

      Delete