Monday, April 21, 2014

ashes, cascarones & a two year old

I looked over and Redding was knee deep in a pile of ashes, busily mixing them with the confetti from the Cascarones.  He would then fill his chubby little fingers with this concoction and pour it onto his head.  I stared blankly at him for a moment, remembering the amazing mud pies we used to make in the Walker's front yard, before I realized maybe ashes are different and we should stop him.  "Are we ok with this?" I ask John.  He and everyone else laugh at my question (or I guess, the way I worded it, really) then replies of course. I like watching John as he gazes at Redding, he looks so happy. They both do.
It is a very satisfying thing as a parent, knowing you'll have to hose your child off before they come inside, you know you're doing something right.
love, andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment