Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My Home: the bathroom (before & after)

can you believe they had such a huge vanity in such a small place? 
look at that floor!!! It was throughout over half of the house, John started ripping it up hours after we closed!
immediately upon moving in to our home we replaced the vanity, floor and door (you can see a tiny bit of the pocket door here, which I highly recommend if your bathroom is as small as ours is!)
The door, when open blocked the entire little toilet-nook, it was quite odd. The pocket door we installed is awesome, and super easy to do yourself, you can get the door along with the kit all ready for installation at home depot.
does it drive you crazy that our toilet paper is going the wrong direction? haha :)
You have no idea how incredibly stoked I am to finally be sharing our bathroom with you.  I really wish I had better 'before' pictures though. What was I thinking? I guess I wasn't, I was just in such a hurry to be 'out with the old and in with the new'! 
What do you think of the coral cabinets (or the 'no, it's not pink' color as it's known in my house).  I really loved the idea in my head before I painted them, but have gotten tired of them quickly and wish I had chosen a lighter/cooler color.  
ok, moment of truth. I have been sitting here staring at this screen trying to think of something to write for the last twenty minutes.  My mind is blank... oh brain, when will I be hearing from you again? I'm not going to waste another precious moment of double nap time doing this! :)  I hope y'all like the pictures! and forgive me for a lack of writing today! love love love, this tired yet happy mama! andrea

See more of my home:
The nursery
A glimpse of my room & how I painted it

14 comments:

  1. I love it, especially the floor and that shade of pink! (Oh, and the use of the word "scat." Classic.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't you love that? It's actually a bandana john got me when we were camping last year. I absolutely adore it in the bathroom ... even if it is slightly crude. it's crude in the best of ways ;)

      Delete
  2. I love it! Its funny, i thought the first pic was the "before" and i was thinking hmm.. something must be wrong with me because i love it! As i scrolled down i realized it was the after :) looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! yeah, i'd be out of my ever loving mind if that was the 'before' !

      Delete
  3. It looks so cute! I love the floor.. all of it is beautiful! -♥- Rachel (For the Birds)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the floor is definitely my favorite part. we knew exactly what we wanted and splurged on that!

      Delete
  4. It's fabulous Andrea... some really cute little details like having people draw a picture in the frame with the chalk! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, your bathroom is SO cute! Love that shower curtain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know me too. we actually just switched it out. We had an periodic table shower curtain up the last year or so. WHICH WAS SO AWESOME ... but sometimes you just need a change :)

      Delete
  6. I love your house so much, it's crazy!! I love that you called coral "it's not pink" haha, I do the same thing! Don't answer if it's too personal, but what kind of budget did you have when doing this? Renovating our bathroom is one of my first to-dos for the home we just bought! Also, I just bought that Meyer's soap today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok. i've been thinking about this since yesterday... and i don't have an answer. so, i'm just going to write it all here ... sorry for the scatteredness.
      The floor was the biggest expense, I know it was under 400$ ... I think it was under 300. maybe like 275?
      The sink was probably about the same, like 225 for both the pedestal and the sink. BUT, john ordered one of them off amazon where it was actually cheaper. (so, go to home depot, find the part you want, then search it on amazon).
      The mirror was found at a garage sale for 25$
      The faucet and knobs john bought ... and he didn't tell me how much they were. but let's just say 100$
      paint 50$
      I feel like the door wasn't that much, but we did pay a friend to put it in (definitely under 200$ with labor included ... remember you have to take out a wall and re-sheetrock it)
      what are we at? it's feeling expensive? (which it didn't feel that way because we did it over the course of a year.
      ... and that's not doing anything to the bath/shower... eek? so let's just say 1000. which isn't bad! right? oh, either way you look at it it's a lot of money. Luckily john did most of the work himself or it would've been much more expensive.
      We are about to begin redoing our kitchen, which makes you slightly sick to think of how much it's going to cost. But as a stay at home mom, I live in my kitchen ... and it's 60 years old ... and smells like it! blegh.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for such a detailed response! My husband does carpentry so we would mostly be doing it all ourselves, which really does help with expenses. The floor is beautiful. Maybe it's my pregnant brain but I've had dreams about doing our bathrooms floors like this since seeing your post haha. I'm sure your kitchen will be absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to see it!

      Delete
  7. I dig it.

    Salmon is the only "pink" I can stand, but I still wouldn't have had the balls to do what you did. I like that you kept the bones the same and updated the other bits.

    ReplyDelete