Thursday, March 13, 2014

Bernadette is four months old!

her on the left/me on the right
So awful moment of truth, in public when people ask, I often lie about her age.  I've found that if I tell the truth about how old she is people often look at me like I'm stupid and that there is no way this tiny baby could be so old.  I then feel compelled to explain her early birth, which makes me feel like they are judging me thinking 'what did you do wrong, that you couldn't hold that baby in you 9 months?' It's awful. and probably all in my head, but i lie anyways and it makes it easier.
But, here I won't.  I'll tell you.  This little girl was born four and a half months ago. And she is absolutely perfect. and I am so crazy about her I'm afraid I might just lose my mind.
She has just hit the stage where every time you look at her she'll start smiling and cooing. It's so perfect. She'll look up at her big brother and give him a huge smile, so he in turn will lean down and give her a kiss, which will inevitably bump her head and cause her to start crying. It's awful, but also perfect. I remember waiting for redding to start smiling, and the 6 weeks in took seemed to take forever.  For preemies though, all those little rewards of parenting, take even longer and the waiting is hard but it makes it all the more special when they do achieve those precious milestones.
love, andrea



8 comments:

  1. She is so adorable. Probably my daughter would be in same age if she would alive!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, i'm so sorry. that must be the absolute hardest. I heart goes out to you.

      Delete
  2. She is absolutely precious! I hope people haven't said anything rude and insensitive to make you feel bad - you have nothing at all to feel bad about! Enjoy those sweet babies :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thanks girl. no people are most nice aren't they? it's just this darn ol' head of mine that can put me in a corner, you know? oh well! I'll figure it out eventually. And Thanks! I'm enjoying them alright!

      Delete
  3. Sweetie the same thing happened with me with my eldest, Matthew. He came at 32wks...but just embrace it! Birdie is healthy and thriving and you are an awesome mother! Let them think whatever...we know the truth. Love and hugs and happy 4 months gorgeous girl!! xS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks susanna! I'm so glad you're here! ... or you know, there... or I guess just connecting over the internet-world! glad to hear you and your family are doing well!

      Delete
  4. The last bit about the redding coming in for a kiss made me laugh. It is a normal occurrence atleast once an hour in this house!
    And yes, she is beautiful. It amazes me that people spend their lives judging, I am not perfect, but am atleast aware of it. She is petite, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it makes me laugh too! I love these babies.
      you know, she actually isn't petite! she is a chunker! already almost 14 pounds... but you can tell she is young by her motor skills, eye-contact and interacting and just overall demeanor, you know? in many many ways she is just like a two month old, but that's ok! she is still very new and will catch up in her own time!

      Delete