Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentines 2011 (our first together ... except we weren't really 'together' yet,  we went out with a big group of friends ... as it should be...)
I've never really understood why people hate valentines day.  To me it's such a fun holiday.  But then, I've never really looked at it as a romantic holiday.  Let's face it, it's not. There is absolutely nothing romantic about Hallmark telling us 'now is time for romance, go!'  However, I have always looked at it as an excuse to cut out paper hearts and put glitter on them, an excuse to wear pink and red together and an excuse to go out and gab with my girlfriends.  I mean, men don't even get into it! And why should they? how many grown men do you know that want to sit around with their friends with magazines and glue sticks while eating chocolate?
I'm not sure if you follow me on instagram or not, but i posted some pretty fun photos of our Galentines day a couple of nights ago. It was a blast! I hope you've also celebrated with the ladies in your life!
I love my ladies. and I love my man. Happy Valentines day y'all! love, andrea

4 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day :) I love Valentines day too but this year I just baked my husband a pile of cookies and my daughter is getting a b-a-l-l-o-o-n which she she doesn't know it yet but is extremely excited for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we have a balloon floating around our house right now too... and it is just the greatest thing ever :)

      Delete
  2. people who hate valentines day are usually single, that's why. (haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, of course i understand that. I've definitely been single for FAR more valentine's days than I have had a date ... and i still love them! I think we should stop thinking of it as a romantic holiday ... and think of it as a crafting-girly-day! :)

      Delete