Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Vintage inspired Christmas Stockings for sale now!


I've always been slightly obsessed with the felt stockings my grandma made her family in the 60s, specifically the one she made for my great-grandfather (Papa) of Santa in a train.  When I became pregnant with our first child, I decided it was hightime for my family to have stockings of our own.  I searched high and low on the Internet, as well as Antique malls to find similar retro stockings, but found nothing.  I realized, like most things, in order to get exactly what I wanted I would have to make them. 
I enjoyed making our stocking so much (what could be more fun than an excuse to use sequins and bright colors in sewing?)  that I just made more... and more. And would like to share them with you!   
The designs of these stockings were inspired from Retro Christmas cards I found on pinterest (don't you just love those?!?) 


It is a felt stocking, hand embroidered with sequin embellishments. The white cotton lining is machine sewn in to add extra strength. The width of the opening is 6". The length of the stocking from top to heel is 14". With a 2.5" cuff that can be folded up to add extra length.
These are all available on my etsy shop: The Retro Reindeer






Once again, you can find these stockings (and some day more) on my Etsy Shop
<3
andrea









7 comments:

  1. I LOVE your felt work!! You do such an amazing and neat job!! So awesome. Thanks for the inspiration!

    http://sometimesimakeart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just reminded me, I have to get to work on my husbands! I think I know what stockings you're talking about and they do still sell kits online, that's how I'm making my husbands. ALTHOUGH yours are much cuter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh! thanks girl! I'm going to look for some of those old patterns too! I absolutely love them!

      Delete
  3. The link to your Etsy site does not work and I really wanna check it out! Help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm, I have had no problems with the links, i wonder why? Each picture is a link too... or you could always just The Retro Reindeer in to your search engine. I hope it works now, let me know! :)

      Delete
  4. these remind me of the stockings my grandmother made us. they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! we both have fabulous grandmas!!! :)

      Delete