Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Letting my heart be light: holiday fashion

dress:anthropologie/jewelry:vintage/shoes:tjmaxx


Saturday night I had intended on going to a friend's holiday party.  Not getting out of the house much these days, I was gleefully looking forward to it.  My dress was laid out and my hair done when the crying began.  My poor sweet boy was having a rare melt-down.  There was some book he desperately wanted to take to bed with him, and john and I for the life of us couldn't figure out what it was.  We tried everything that's worked before, but to no avail.  Finally I climbed into his crib with him and just held him.  Unsurprisingly, I fell asleep and he didn't. 
By the time He was settled it was time for the little one to eat again, the evening had lost it's excitement and I just couldn't imagine braving the cold.  I was moping on the couch for about an hour when I cried to john 'I just wanted an excuse to get out of my pajamas!'  He of course, told me to go finish getting dolled up and we'd have a photoshoot. What a good man he is. 
These days with little ones are so long.  But the time they are young so short.  Someday I will longingly look back to this night, a night that because our babies were sleeping, we had to stay in and play dress-up.
<3
andrea


9 comments:

  1. First off amazing pictures. You are a beauty. Little tears fell as I can remember wanting an excuse to get out as a new mom with twins. Those tears turned to happy tears as I read what a SWEET husband you have. Hang in there Momma, this is only a season. Your right they are only young for a while....my babies will be nine in April.
    "All the days that came and went I did not realize it was life itself." ~Unknown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I got chills reading that quote. so so true.

      Delete
  2. Love the pictures and the dress!! And you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! Your dress is amazing and sometimes it's awesome to get all dressed up to stay in... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree! my favorite thing is to dress up formally for a night of movies :)

      Delete
  4. You look beautiful! Yea for wonderful husband and great photo shoots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. Can you write about your tattoos and their significance / meaning? Also, can't wait to read the birth story of your latest little one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to write that birth story… I think I've been pushing it back as It's still so hard to think of. But I promised myself I would start processing the birth and time in the nicu as soon as the holidays were over, so soon.
      And I have toyed with the idea of sharing my tattoos since I started blogging. Although I've never done it. Most don't have meaning, they're just something I like. But a couple do. Something I'll get to soon! thanks for the suggestion!!!

      Delete