Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Snapshots

Last night while watching Redding fall to sleep as I rocked him, I was shocked to see a little boy in the arms my baby once lay in.  Where has the time gone? How I never want to forget the way he squeezes my neck so tightly with his sticky hands or how when he comes to give 'mama kiss' he never quite makes it all the way to my face before kissing the air.  How I want the way he looks at me and waves when his father carries him to bed at night imprinted on my brain.  It just makes me want to fall into those big eyes of his and take a time out from how quickly he is growing.
As for Bernadette I'm just trying to hold her and smell her as much as possible.  It's hard not to want her to grow quickly, because we saw her so small and weak, I'm anxious for a day that she'll be big and strong. 

As for my John, this is our third Christmas together and each one seems to get better than the last.  How in love I am with this man, our children and our life together.  And although sometimes I can't help wanting to freeze time, to soak up these precious moments … I am just so excited for the rest of my life.

I hope your day was just as merry!
love, andrea 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Andrea... how gorgeous to be so full of love and excited for the future... you lucky duck!
    These are very sweet pictures indeed! MERRY CHRISTMAS! X

    ReplyDelete