Tuesday, October 1, 2013

OCTOBER

October is hands down, the best month of the year.  I say this confidently, even with my (gigantic) obsession with Christmas and my spring birthday, there is no time of year as much fun as October.  I'd like to be able to say the weather change has something to do with it, but we are still fighting off temperatures in the 90s here, so not too much has changed there (insert a huge proportion of jealousy).
In the past October was full of pumpkin carving potlucks, costume bike rides, Zombie pub-crawls, Day of the dead parades (I guess that's actually in november, huh?), thriller-themed dance parties, tour de fat & Art outside.  These days I have no idea how many of those we'll be able to fit in.  However having children will bring a whole new element to October.  Picking out pumpkins, trick or treating, parties with bowls of brains and eyeballs, bobbing for apples and adorable kiddo parades.
Just thinking about it gets me so excited I think I'm going to get out my sewing machine and start working on our halloween costumes!

HAPPY HAPPY OCTOBER!!!! Let the festivities begin!!!
<3
(a very excited) andrea



3 comments:

  1. October is my absolute favorite! It doesn't hurt that my birthday is next week...:) But seriously, best time of the year.

    -Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see what you come up with for costumes.

    I adore Fall/October/Halloween. My Girl Spawn was born on Halloween, everyone said I planned that. haha. I can't wait to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to agree; October in America is the best! I hate cold weather, but there's something about the colors, the smells and the vibe in the air that I love :p.

    ReplyDelete