Saturday, September 7, 2013

Beach bums: our summer vacation



Our vacation to southern California really did feel the way these photos look.  Calm, Peaceful and full of love. It was absolutely a dream.  
I'd love to write stories about how john and I jumped and body-surfed waves until we were more physically exhausted than I've been in years.  Or about how I sternly talked to a little boy (whom I really wanted to punch) when he was rude to Redding (and now I'm absolutely terrified to proceed with parenting).  But, I'm afraid after our two day drive, my brain is complete fluff. 

I couldn't help but be reminded of our beach trip last summer, which after rereading, still sums up my life pretty perfectly.  Although, I have to admit, we have it much more together now. So anyone trying to travel gracefully with a baby, just give up (!)  It can't be done, but don't worry, you'll be able to soon!

Lots and Lots of LOVE!
<3
andrea






4 comments:

  1. You look simply fabulous :] And so does your sweet family.
    You always take such lovely pictures--you really have a gift.
    So glad you had a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh thanks so much, I really appreciate that. <3

      Delete
  2. So gorgeous! The beach looks just amazing!
    What a lovely spot for a holiday.
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It REALLY was! ... you just wish you could live there, you know?

      Delete