Thursday, August 15, 2013

My home: the living and dining room






I know good decorating doesn't bring happiness.  But, for me it sure helps me enjoy the happiness I already have.  Perhaps that sounds silly, but I need my home to be clean and 'cute' in order for me to be mentally sane when I'm in it.  I know this is something I should get over. Especially the clean-thing as it occasionally makes life difficult on the people around me. BUT, for now I'm just enjoying my happiness in this part of my house that I finally have the way I want it.

If you missed the DIY on the entertainment center, it's here and the DIY for the pink shelf is here.

Happy Day!!! (yes, I say 'day' because I have absolutely no clue as to what day it actually is...)
<3
andrea













8 comments:

  1. Gurl.....that bar is divine.
    The whole set-up is seriously sweet looking, but damn....that bar.

    How the fuck is your house show-room clean?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, so I did clean before I took those pictures. BUT, perhaps I wasn't totally honest when I said I needed my house to be clean... It's more of an obsession I have. It's honestly what causes most of the arguments between John and I. I admit it, it's sick. I need help. ahhhhhh.

      (isn't the bar ahhhhhmazing!??? I found it in Huntsville Texas of all places! and I LOVE it!)

      Delete
  2. It's so cute and so homey. And so stylish! Great mix of furniture styles and colors. You have a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to have that houndstooth area rug! Where did you snag that one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. overstock.com! I don't think it was too expensive either, you know, as far as rugs go. Probably pretty comparable to ikea prices. I love it! although, the black does show ALL dirt and dog hair ...

      Delete
  4. I love your house and seriously need you to come help me with mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know that you do need to "get over it". There are some things that may seem silly to others, and/or are a challenge to achieve that are still important. I didn't even know clean and tidy was important to me until my (childless) boyfriend moved in and started cleaning and tidying. I feel so much more at peace now...and more motivated to pick up after myself.

    ReplyDelete