Saturday, August 3, 2013

Breastfeeding snapshots


This week is World Breastfeeding Awareness Week, so in honor of that I decided to post a few nursing photos of redding and I. 
Redding is 18 months old and we nursed for the last just time last week.  I am really all over the place with this, not totally sure how to feel.  Sometimes I look at him and he still seems like such a baby to me! And I think surely he could still benefit from breast milk.  Actually, we didn't have much of a choice in the matter though, we've been 'nursing' without milk for about a month now.  I didn't know I would dry up while pregnant! So many women seem to nurse through no problem.  But, I guess this is another time to just trust my body and trust that it is giving both this little nugget inside of me and my boy what they need(ed).
We don't have to many Breast feeding photos, especially towards the end.  But those we do have were snapshots, because John is a film photographer.  

Here is a 'behind the scenes' photo from our Rosie the riveter nursing photoshoot we did last year. 



Nurse with pride mamas! No shame!
<3
andrea

4 comments:

  1. Awesome photos! I didn't get any breast feeding pics with my wee man and now i regret it!! i love when they reach up and tickle your chin- precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! why did we not get more? ... but I guess it's not really so odd when you think about it. I mean at what point when your child is crying for food do you think 'wait, get the camera'!! :)

      Delete
  2. These photos are really beautiful! Thank you for sharing them. :)

    ReplyDelete