Saturday, July 6, 2013

My House: the front room

I keep on waiting for my house to come together before I photograph it to share on this blog.  But, the other day it occurred to me that I don't have to wait for that perfect rug to come along, it's cute now! Why not just photograph it? So I will. 
I'm going to start with my 'goest room'.  I rearranged it last week in order to fit my amazing mid-century desk that belonged to my father as a child, that was just gathering dust in our shed ... and was shocked to find how much the new arrangement opened up the room.  It was like magic.  And totally inspiring, I have since rearranged my whole house (a task, like most, difficult to do while pregnant). 



I'm slightly frustrated i didn't move the cords, bass guitar or wrapping paper box out of the way for the photoshoot (although, I have to admit, I'm incredibly proud of the wrapping paper box.  I feel like acquiring that marked my entry into adulthood).

Happy Saturday! I'm off to PAINT OUR DOORS TURQUOISE!!! :) 
<3
andrea




6 comments:

  1. woooo turquoise doors! also that room looks adorable - ktk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Love it! The desk is great in their! The new arrangement really opens the room up! Wanna see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I actually had to go back on a hunt through the pics to find those things, still searching for the bass guitar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhh, it's in a case. it's the black case under the bed. AND now, I totally can't see it! haha, oops!

      Delete
  4. Love love love LOVE it! Was that too enthusiastic? I tend to be too enthusiastic . . . but, seriously, super cute! Love the vintage, homey feel to it and your photography.
    And, um, turquoise doors?! Awesome. Just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! the photos weren't that great... I just have trouble with interior photography/lighting thing. I understand the concepts ... yet somehow, never seem to practice the. annnnnnnnnnyways.
      YES, turquoise doors! I'll post them in the next couple days. I'm SO IN LOVE WITH THEM!

      Delete