Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My "cute uterus" and the shirt that covers it




Being 20ish weeks pregnant is the most awkward time ever (*I do realize that the previous statement is completely untrue, but that doesn't mean you don't feel like it's the most awkward time ever).   People are constantly looking at you, at your belly and then quickly away, unsure of what to make of your small, protruding gut.  Too small to look pregnant but too big to look anywhere on the range of normal.
So, I try to cover up my pregnancy most of the time with loose clothing.  Yes, I do realize that I should be proud of my growing body and put it out there for all the world to see, but let's face it, when you feel as rotten as a pregnant women does, you just want to blend in with the crowd.
In the rare case I am caught in a tight shirt out in public ... and am positive everyone is staring at me, I start holding and rubbing my belly lovingly, which helps drop the hint).  (*I do realize that probably no one is looking at me or caring, but that doesn't mean it doesn't feel like they are!)
This 1$ shirt I bought at a garage sale recently is absolutely perfect for hiding my pregnant gut (or my "cute uterus" which my midwife, so sweetly called it yesterday).  Not only is it loose but it's got this incredibly rad pattern distracting the eye as well.  
You know what else is loose fitting with rad patterns? Muumuus.  Yup, I would like to be able to look back on this pregnancy as the Muumuu pregnancy, because... why not?

<3 andrea

*all logic is replaced by feeling during pregnancy, am I right? 




3 comments:

  1. You are completely right. Traditional logic is replaced by feeling, aka pregnancy logic. You gotta do what feels right. I felt huge and ugly in anything maternity I wore, so I ended up looking just misshapen in ill-fitting non-maternity clothes. But it felt right. So it was. You are adorable, I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously $1 ??? NO way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete