Wednesday, July 17, 2013

GIRL!!!



I'm terrified.  John and I really saw ourselves having two boys.  Brothers.  Actually my whole life I've wanted a brood of boys tumbling through my house.
But, when week 7 of pregnancy hit me and I started throwing up multiple times a day, I knew. This is different. This must be a girl.  I tried to fight the idea, not knowing what to do with a little girl.  I actually asked john the other day about how one deals with the whole diaper-poop-labia situation.  Strangely he didn't know either, but wasn't at all concerned about it.

Over the last few weeks we've been in quite the turmoil in Texas, especially in Austin (you know, because of the whole capitol thing).  I have mustered up the strength, almost daily, to be involved. Registering, testifying, marching, rallying etc.  And somewhere along this journey (probably mid-chant) my heart changed.
I really wanted it to be a girl! I wanted to raise a strong woman, one who was vocal and independent. One that wasn't scared to use her brain and have opinions.
For both my children, I'll strive to teach the How to think, not What to think.

Of course she can be in ballet and wear tutus as well. No one ever said the little girls who have tea parties aren't hard-core women someday!

<3
(a very excited) andrea

11 comments:

  1. I loved this post lady! And I am so excited for you and your family! Having a little girl is so much fun, expensive as all hell, but fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I think that's what john's worried most about! But, expensive or not you're right it'll be fun.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Really love your blog, we have a son and we are also looking forward to having a girl someday! * to strong women!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woop! strong women!!! (aren't sons just the best???)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! That's so exciting! Have fun and enjoy! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! congrats! so excited for you guys :) this is going to be one lucky little girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! When I found out my second was to be a boy (after having a daughter), I actually cried. So horrible to admit now, but pregnancy hormones and the whole "what do you do with a BOY?" But, it turns out, you love em and have fun with em- regardless of the gender!! And now I am lucky enough to have TWO boys.

    Just when you think you get the hang of mamahood, the gods change it up and you get to experience it differently and new all over again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I can't wait to see how this goes.
      and john mentioned feeling guilty that he was a little sad after the sonogram, I think it's just human nature ... and not understanding how good what to come is.

      Delete
  6. Hey girl! Congrats on baby two! Baby girl diapers are not too hard u just got to make sure to get it all clean... Folds and all. Bless you and your family! ~Denise

    ReplyDelete