Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Days like these...



... are pretty darn good.  I'm no longer throwing up, Redding is almost playing by himself and I've started to finish projects I began many (many) months ago.  
Perhaps I'm even 'nesting'.  Although when a friend asked me if that's indeed what I was doing this morning, I quickly denied it.  The same way a drunk does 'NO! I have not had too much to drink!'  Why did I do that? Is there something wrong with nesting?  No.  
It's probably the same way I have to fight everything that I think is going along with the curve.  It's what I call my Inherent Right to be Different (it's a farce, by the way).  Terminal Uniqueness.  (You can not even begin to believe the inner battle I had over painting my doors turquoise 'but everyone is doing turquoise these days!')

Well ... for whatever reason, I am getting things done around my house, and it feels good.  I'll share some projects with y'all soon!
happy wednesday!
<3 andrea


6 comments:

  1. nothing wrong with doing productive things that feel good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wait, is it that simple? :) geeeeeeez andrea, always making things complicated!

      Delete
  2. I adore that child of yours. Most precious! Glad he's entertaining himself more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandfather has that quirk, always avoiding doing whatever everybody else is doing. He doesn't want to sleep at night, refused to watch Lost and back in the era of free love went on a sex strike that almost destroyed his marriage. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhgeeeez, this made me crack up laughing. poor grandfather (or grandmother really!) :)

      Delete