Monday, March 25, 2013

book shelf make-over!


After seeing my sister's nursery, I realized it was seriously time to up my game (no really, go look at it). I've got big plans for redding's new room (living here 6 months still makes it new, right? eeek).  
I had to start somewhere though, so it was with this bookshelf that was passed down to us.  Yes, yes, I do realize how impractical it is for a children's room, but it was free.

Using this image for inspiration, I decided to paint the shelf a retro shade of yellow and modpodge the back with ... scrapbook paper from hobby lobby! In the below picture you can see the seam of the paper, but that didn't bother me.
I also couldn't help myself with those knobs! They were a little pricey, but aren't they just phenomenal?




If you'd like to follow some of my thoughts on children's rooms, here is my pinterest board.
<3
andrea



9 comments:

  1. It looks super-cute and he'll have it for a life time. (Which means you'll get to see what kind of cool stuff he does with it as he gets older and his tastes change.)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet! And those knobs are amazing - katie k

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with the whole thing! I love the Color! The knobs are darling! I especially like how you've organized the books by Colorado :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *color * not Colorado, my kindle corrected (?) That for me :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowww! this is absolutely adorable!!! :)
    i am in love.
    it's just perfect!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool. You did a fantastic job. Live the paint, wallpaper and fox knobs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! I bought a piece of that same paper for R. It's awesome. And the knobs are great. Great color choice, too. Miss y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that paper...I bought the same paper for a bunting in my little ones room. Where did you find that drawer pull? So stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girl! I found them at anthropologie ... i know, i know, expensive. But, I just loved them SO much, I had to splurge.

      Delete