I started this blog during the holidays last year, and I have to admit I am incredibly impressed that I have not only kept it up all year, but never gone longer than a few days without posting. I am not sure what it really means, but I do feel like it is an accomplishment. With out dwelling to much on the past, I have had one phenomenal year. Probably (definitely) the best in my life. I am so glad that I used this blog to scrapbook it together ... and very grateful to all of you who have cared to read and especially comment and email me. What a fun little world this internet has the ability to be.
I have a few personal goals for the upcoming year, and I'd like to share them with you:
1. 365 days of drawing! yup! I'm doing a 365 day project. I will be drawing a self-portrait every day. I hope to share a few of these on the blog. Some of course, will be just for me.
2. When there is the option, always choose outside.
3. Work on the outside of our house (I will have to rally john in on this one); Building the chicken coupe, starting our herb/vegetable garden and learn to take care of the roses that were cared for so long and hard by the previous owner.
4. Work on my diet. And by this I don't mean 'diet' like I am going to be 'dieting'. I mean that I would love to go back to a strictly vegan diet but with fish included. Pretty much ... CHEESE! I've got to cut out the cheese!!! (When I became a vegetarian while pregnant, after being vegan, It was like I relapsed on cheese ... eek).
5. Lastly is a resolution strictly for StrawberryMohawk. I would like to start a segment I will call 'Real Talk'. In this I will be honest... blunt, the way I am known to be in real life. I often try to soften myself for this blog ... and I might continue to do so most of the time. But, in this segment I will discuss my views and struggles with family, my relationship and being a mother. I'll also share my beliefs on god, marriage, divorce and how to stay true to yourself. And don't be surprised if sex, religion and politics sneak in there (oh dear!) I don't know, now that I write that all out I get a little nervous. What do you think? more honesty? pretty or not? (I actually would love to know what you think!)
Happy Happy HAPPY 2013