Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Crafts: Santa's workshop Banner




Get your felt and sequins out y'all! It's crafting season! ... well, I suppose every season is for crafting.  But, for me, there is nothing like christmas to put me in the crafting mood.  
It was actually all the christmas crafts I made last year that inspired me to start this blog in the first place (like this one and this one).

What you'll need:
1. Felt
2. Sequins
3. Buttons
4. Glitter
5. Cotton balls (for santa's beard)
6. RicRac (or some kind of ribbon)





I tend to do a little sketch to use as a stencil.  Would you benefit from those stencils? I could always post my sketches and stencils if you think it would help you to make your christmas decorations, let me know what you think ...

What christmas decorating have you done? I'd love to hear about it!
<3
andrea

6 comments:

  1. I am loving this christmas banner and would love it if you could post your stencils as I am not so good in the drawing department. I haven't gotten around to any christmas crafts yet this year, baby girl thinks I should be doing other things :) But I did get a little crafty last year...I got two plain straw wreaths and wrapped them in red and gray yarn in a stripped pattern then found four sticks and wrapped two in gray and two in the red. I glued the sticks together to make 2 separate X's. Put the whole thing together and you've got a festive holiday XOXO :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude! That sounds SO cute! do you have a picture of it anywhere!??? I love to see it (and PIN it onto my christmas craft board!)

      Delete
  2. I thought about using a stencil for the stocking tutorial I posted, but I don't have a scanner so I thought it pointless. :P I have never really gotten into the Christmas spirit as an adult because my family is pretty crazy, and it just reminds me of spending more money than I have. This year is totally different though, and I have been doing LOTS of crafts! I'm actually about to go start working on that banner, so thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I'm so glad! I'll admit, our childhood does have a lot to play into how we feel about the holidays. I think because I was raised not celebrating christmas, is why I am (slightly) obsessed with it now.
      AND, I think you are on the right track (I suppose, as am I) ... crafts and all things homemade should be what it's about ... at least that's the impression I would like to leave my child with.
      Happy Crafting Kelsey!

      Delete