Wednesday, September 5, 2012

friendship

I've written quite a few posts in the past few weeks about being hormonal and out-of-my-ever-loving-mind. However, when the time comes to hit 'publish' I never can make myself do it.  I'm not sure why, I normally have no problem being honest. Honest, to a fault, some would say.  But, being crazy, while being a mother all of a sudden brings in a lot of guilt.  Including 'what will they think' kind of thoughts.

In these last few weeks I've had a girlfriend, one of the best actually, who has been incredibly supportive.  Our babies are just a week apart, which makes us good mama friends as well.  And it's interesting, because in the ways my life is crazy, hers is stable and vice versa. So we make for a good match.  ahem,  good at calling each other out on the sh*t (her: "andrea, do you think you could be suffering from a little late-onset postpartum depression" me: "no, shut-up")  :)

In honor of her, here is a tribute to friendship:
source
source
source
source
source



Notice, when I'm feeling pretty out-of-it (whatever 'it' is...) I don't take many of my own pictures.  I hope you forgive me and enjoy these photos I've been posting anyways.

Here is to drinking more water and less coffee, eating more Broccoli and less chocolate & walking more and sitting less. CHEERS!
<3
andrea

3 comments:

  1. Cheers to that indeed! Also Amen to the "No, shut up"-bit. Although not Amen, you know, because it's hard to do something about the THING if we don't acknowledge the THING... If you know what I mean ;)

    That makes no sense at all! What I wanted to say to you was that I love your blog, and I wouldn't mind reading about the hormonal stuff as well.. I'm having one of those nights - my partner is away on business and my two and a half month old son is in bed next to me, telling me off for him being all windy and uncomfortable, poor thing. I was just looking through my Google Reader list, hoping to see an update from you, and as I did, this post popped up, and it made me really glad.

    I have no idea where I'm going with this - I think I'm just trying to say that your blog makes me happy, so thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like that comment was 'gibberish' yet, i understood it perfectly! (haha). oh dear. that 'thing' well, perhaps I will write a little about my intense mood swings lately.
      Thank you so much for these encouraging words. I really appreciate them. Congratulations and good luck on your sweet little one. Enjoy it, they stop falling to sleep on your chest way too soon!

      Delete
  2. I am lucky enough to have two of the most awesome women as my BFFs. We've been friends for years and years. We've seen each other through tons of kids (14 in total between the three of us!), relationships (good & bad), health issues, financial issues, and so much more. While our lives keep us all busy and we have to make a real effort to see each other in person I know in a flash I could call either of them and get exactly what I need from them. Thanks for recognizing how important friends are...

    ReplyDelete