Monday, July 2, 2012

my closet: a little bit of Texas Style

  Have I mentioned I live in austin? Well, I do.  Austin is perfect. It's the land of Willie Nelson and Janis Joplin.  A town where pearl snap shirts and cowboy boots never go out of style.  A town where hybrid cars peacefully share the road with pickup trucks.  A town where hippies and fixies ride their bikes together in peace.  
We have rivers, creeks, springs and lakes. We have rock climbing, hiking and trails for running.  We have more restaurants with mimosas for brunch than I could even mention.  Need I go on?

Even mothering in austin is a dream.  Perhaps it's because we are so hippy-dippy, but no one cares when and where you pull out your breast.  The majority of mothers I've met wear their babies and cloth diaper.  mmmmm, mmmm, i love it.

shirt: vintage
shoes: clarks (love!)
lipstick: MAC russian red (I've been wearing this for about ten years now, my favorite lipstick- EVER!)

style tip: man's button down shirt.  You can wear it tied up or not, it sure would be cute tied up with some high wasted pants/skirt.  I loved this look while I was pregnant also.

<3
andrea


Texas (When I Die) by Tanya Tucker on Grooveshark

13 comments:

  1. Your profile picture is what brought me to your blog and I am loving this look girl!

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think about moving to Austin and then I remember I love Denton too much to make the move- but maybe one day. Such a great town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE DENTON! I hung out there some in high school and always had a good time!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make Austin sound idyllic! Far more appealing than Sydney, Australia where no one rides together in peace, you are constantly judged for what you wear, and when I pull my breast out in public everyone gets all awkward and flees!
    PS - love the pics, not too many women can look hot in a bandanna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks kelly! awh, that's sad about sydney ... be the example girl! :)

      Delete
  5. I so have to down to Austin. It is about a 3 and a half hour drive! But the boyfriend says that it is the place for my kind. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! it's totally worth the drive! I can tell you so many fun things to do!

      Delete
  6. You are hot! haha If I ever drive to austin than maybe we can meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never felt that way in Ausin, I felt like I was constantly rude and my vocabulary to crude :( and I never saw anyone ever biking. Your Austin sounds nice.

    Maybe Austin is better in the winter than the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome- you are gorgeous work it girl! my hubby works for MAC in nyc so I'm totally loving your lips!I rock my cowboy boots in NY holler! love your blog just found it xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! rock it grrrrl! :) so glad you're here!

      Delete