Thursday, July 19, 2012

a little twist on the: LIEBSTER AWARD


This week (last week? ... oops) two bloggers tagged me for the Liebster award.  Thanks girls! I have compiled both of their questions into one post. Beware this is a whole lot of andrea .... here it goes:



What is The Liebster Award?
The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.


Here are the rules:

  1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
  2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
  3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
  4. Go to their page and tell them.
  5. No tag backs!


11 Random things about me:
  1. my second toe is longer than my first
  2. I will always have to remind myself when to use 'than' vs 'then'
  3. I don't believe in proof reading (which you probably have caught on to by now)
  4. I obviously don't believe in periods either (.).
  5. I think it's scary being a mother
  6. You know those annoying cyclists who run red lights and cut you off while not wearing helmets? I used to be one of them... and if it weren't for redding i probably still would be (so, I apologize for all of us. It's just SO gosh darn fun). Are you unfollowing me now?
  7. At one point I had a really nice camera, but I left it on top of my car and drove off.  Now I have to use Johns. 
  8. I am still sad about #7, even though it happened a couple years ago
  9. I am afraid of the dark (not joking)
  10. I am afraid of the boogie man (still not joking)
  11. When I was in jr. high I really wanted to shave my arms, and I am SO glad I had sense enough not too. (jr. high is hard)

Answers to a an unfairy tale's questions:

  1. I started blogging because I had crafts to share, then it was because I had nothing else to do, NOW it's because I enjoy the blogging community 
  2.  (whats your favorite color?) 'red (no yellow... ahhhhh!)' (monty python anyone?)
  3. cake, always cake
  4. I am not a bookworm, I don't think. I am however always in the middle of at least two books, so maybe I am? what is a bookworm exactly?
  5. My favorite part of high school was theatre. I loved the stage. Heck, I wish I was still on a stage.
  6. I don't think there is anything I must have when leaving the house.  I actually like it when John drives places that way I don't have to worry about my keys or wallet. 
  7. 'Pride and Prejudice' is the movie I can watch on repeat. I really don't know why I love it so much. I don't even really care for keira knightly OR jane austin, but, what can I say? I just love that movie.
  8. I actually don't think I want to switch my life with anyone, even if just for a day.  OH OH ok, I know, I would want it to be someone who can sing.  I've always wanted to know what it'd be like to have a fabulous voice and be able to belt it out.
  9.  I grew up playing the piano, flute and guitar.  I don't think I could play any of them today.
  10. My favorite foods are Avocados and Tomatoes. I think those are both technically fruit, right?
  11. I hate cupcakes.  I am totally not kidding. Why you ask? ... because they are so messy that I always end up spilling some of it (and getting icing on my face), and come on, sweets are far too precious to be wasted!  Honestly, I don't understand the cupcake movement.  I am ready for the brownie movement! 

Answers to the questions from muffington post:


  1. My favorite color is Pink. (or see question #2 above).
  2. I am a day person who could stay up all night painting.
  3. Hot chocolate doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as Coffee. I drink Coffee all day (which is probably why I can stay up all night painting).
  4. My perfect day would consist of: everything bagels, land before time and a comfy couch. And perhaps a couple of friends to cuddle with.
  5. My favorite show as a kid was 'I dream of Jeannie.' 
  6. I do craft, and my favorite is always what I haven't yet started. (does that make sense?)
  7. CHRISTMAS! I LOVE CHRISTMAS. SO HARD. ok, halloween too. and valentines day. Honestly, I just really really love holidays.  They are the exclamation points of life.
  8. NO! You can not make me choose between harry potter and Lord of the Rings.  Although, actually I do love 'harry potter' more, 'The Lord of the Rings' holds a very dear place in my heart (my dad read them all aloud to us when we were kids).  (note: I do not like the movies to either).
  9. Last meal... hmmm, this is hard:  fried okra, avocados, sweet potato fries, peaches  and a chocolate milk shake with homemade whipped cream.
  10. There is no perfect outfit, just an outfit that fits perfectly to your mood.  Lately I've been wanting flowy pants, a long flowy tank, turquoise jewelry and wedges.
  11. My heritage is a little bit of everything.  But, I suppose my last name is Irish and I love that. My name. I gave it up once and I will never do it again (don't quote me on that though).
Here are my questions, and I'm sorry I am not going to tag 11 specific people, rather I would just like everyone to do a little journaling and figure out the answer for yourself!!! (or blog about it and send me the link!)

  1. Do you love your body?
  2. Do you respect yourself?
  3. Do you consistently set goals for yourself and work towards them?
  4. Are you outspoken for what you believe in?
  5. Do you listen to both sides of the story with an open mind?
  6. Do you read to the news and know what's going on in the world?
  7. Are you respectful of others, even those with radically different views?
  8. Do you regularly judge other women for how they look?
  9. Are you getting enough sleep and eating well?
  10. Are you in the habit of doing one nice thing for yourself each day (and one for someone else?)
  11. Are constantly trying to educate yourself on new things? 


wow that was a whole lot of andrea, eek, sorry.  If you made it through that whole thing then you deserve an adorable picture and a fun song (enjoy!): 





Love You So by The King Khan & BBQ Show on Grooveshark

5 comments:

  1. pride & prejudice= best movie ever! haha, but i love both keira knightley and jane austen, so it's a little more understandable xD (actually, i may have to go watch it now...)
    and avocado + tomato + cheese grilled sandwiches= yummy :D (looking at your fave foods)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freakin' love Pride & Prejudice! And...it is one I still get all teary eyed in. haha. It is definitely one of my top 10 favorites. Some holidays are just awesomesauce too..I love how xmas is like a big happy glitter explosion. Halloween though, is just rad, what with all the spooky decor and costumes and AHH..love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum brownies! Sounds good to me.

    Ok I met your challenge and blogged about the questions. They were hard! http://craftyweeks.blogspot.com/2012/07/11-things-about-yourself-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. P&P is the best! Only movie that has ever been better than the book in the history of movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 Things that jumped out at me.

    1) If I could magically change one physical thing about myself it would be to have an amazing singing voice. Not so I could make a living as a singer, although that might be cool, but just to sound nice to my own ears. Or so that I could give people the tingles that I get when listening to certain singers :)

    2) When I was little (well like 10) by way of some miracle, I got a tiny little 12 inch tv in my bedroom and all summer long, Id stay up as late as possible watching Nick at Night. I loved 'I dream of Jeannie'

    ReplyDelete