Wednesday, May 23, 2012

DIY baby mobile ... made from paint chips!


1. Use paint chips with 4 different colors of paint
2. Cut paint chips into strips.  strips need to be the same width as each color (so that when you fold them it will make a square)
3. Fold the strip 3 times (in between each different color)
4. You will now use two 'squares' (so to speak) to put these together making a box. Two different sides will overlap, this is where you glue.
5.  Lace the fishing wire through each box. (fix into place with a little dab of hot glue)
6. And tie the strings up to an embroidery hoop (or whatever you decide to use)
7. Hang up and let your little one enjoy!


ohlala, how I love paint chips! remember this paint chip art?
do you ever make anything using them? i'm always wanting more ideas!
<3
andrea

10 comments:

  1. A truly fabulous idea - it looks so designer! And I'm really impressed you managed to make it with your little one sitting in your lap too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girl! (he was really only sitting on my lap for a short time... and hadn't quite mastered the grabbing things yet).

      Delete
  2. So glad to have found your blog through The Perfect Pear's Blog Party. Can't wait to see what else you do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! that was such an awesome idea, wasn't it!? Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I gotta say I just found your blog and I am in love with it and your life and style. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhh thanks! too too sweet. I'm glad you're here!

      Delete
  4. Hi .. I'm visiting Fro. the Perfect Pair blog party :). This mobile is amazing. Good thinking ... It is gorgeous and I bet your babe thinks so too!

    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. honestly, every time he looks up at it and laughs I get SO happy! :) thank you!

      Delete